Day 2 : Gangtok - Tshangu Lake and Baba Mandir Excursion
After breakfast, in the morning, start for excursion to Tshangu Lake (12400Ft / 3780 Mts / 43Kms in 3Hrs one way from Gangtok) & Baba Mandir (13100Ft / 3994 Mts / 16Kms in 1Hrs one way from Tshangu Lake. Situated at a height of 12400Ft / 3780 Mts / 43Kms in 3Hrs one way, with an average depth of 50 ft. The cool water of the Lake is perfectly attuned with the scenic beauty around. Back to Gangtok and Overnight at Hotel. (Incase of Landslide or due to any other reasons if Tshangu Lake is closed then an alternate sightseeing will be provided)
One can opt for Nathula Excursion by paying a supplement cost which varies from month to month. Organising the permit at the last moment is not possible & a clear window of 72 Hrs with proper documents is required to process the permit. Nathula permit gets confirmed a day prior OR on the day of journey (depending on the working of the permit issuing office) & it is subjected to permit availability as it is allotted as per turn. At times the demend for Nathula permit goes to 700 vehicle where as the permit issued is only 60 for civil & 40 for government. Nathula is closed on Monday & Tuesday for tourist.
Nathula (14140 Ft / 4310 Mts / 20 Kms in 1Hrs one way from Tshangu Lake) Baba Mandir (13100Ft / 3994 Mts / 16Kms in 1Hrs one way from Tshangu Lake) is an Indo China border, controlled by the Indian Army & is situated approx 20 Kms ahead of Tshangu Lake at an height of 14140 Ft / 4310. The journey to Nathula & Baba Mandir is same up to 16 Kms. At this point the right arm of the which is 4 Kms takes one to Baba Mandir & left arm of the which is 4 Kms takes one to Nathula.
NRI, OCI, PIO Card holder and Foreign National are not allowed to visit Baba Mandir and Nathula Pass. They are allowed to visit till Tshangu Lake, with a valid permit. They also have to be 02 and above is number to visit Tshangu Lake. For getting the valid permit these guAest will have to bring with them their valid passport and visa or OCI-PIO Card. They will also be required to bring along with them 08 passport size photograph for processing their permits into Sikkim, Tshangu lake, Lachen and Lachung. There will be an additional cost for processing the permit and making the tour applicable. Kindly write to us for additional cost.
- For Indian Passport Holders to process the permit we would require the following:
- 03 passport size photograph of each member traveling whether Adult or Children with their name, age and gender written behind each photograph.
- Photo Copy of Photo ID proof of each member traveling whether Adult or Children. Original to be brought with self.
- A list mentioning the Name Age and Gender of all traveler family wise.
- In case of Child traveling below 18 Years or couple traveling where there is no ID proof of wife, there has to be a written declaration given from the parents / husband.
- Required valid ID proof with photo and address except PAN Card.
For Tshangu Lake and Nathula Pass there is no refund, after the permit is confirmed by Sikkim tourism, due to whatsoever reason (Land slide, Heavy rain fall, VIP Movement, Health issue etc).